Day Services are available to all adults during daytime hours, giving you the opportunity to join with people who are like-minded and can appreciate shared experiences. More formally known as Day Habilitation, our programs and classes are specifically geared towards a variety of age groups from young adults to senior citizens. These activities will help you build life skills, explore your community, become a contributing member of your society and spend time with friends.
Below is a sampling of activities that you may choose to participate in each day:
- Continuing Education: Learn a variety of new life skills and broaden your education.
- Volunteerism: Offer your help and dedicate your time to a local animal shelter, soup kitchen, nature preserve or meal delivery service. Check out some of the places where folks from The Arc of Ulster-Greene volunteer by visiting our The Arc Gives Back page.
- Health and Wellness: Be an active participant in your health, fitness and nutritional needs by taking a cooking class, going for a walk with friends or exercising at the YMCA, among other activities.
- Entrepreneurial Activities: We can help you develop your own ideas or partner with local businesses to achieve your vision.
- The Arts: Cultivate your artistic expression through a variety of mediums, such as painting, drawing, crafting and sculpting. Your work may be displayed in local exhibits and shows.
- Horticulture: Get a hands-on experience working with plants. You can create fairy gardens and terrariums, build custom living creations and cultivate plants. Our Wall Street site is home to our plant store Green Thumbs.
- Community Outings: Join us on a variety of excursions that explore the unique culture of Ulster and Greene counties.
The Renaissance Program
The Renaissance Program is a specialized day program for adults on the autism spectrum. We work in partnership with the clinical, residential and day program services to give you a person-centered approach that will help you reach your life goals.
You will work with an Applied Behavioral Science Specialist to develop a plan that will serve as a roadmap for all involved in your care. It will provide staff with guidelines for effective communication; it will help you plan your days; and it will help you identify and develop skills that you deem most important.
Many of our activities will help you become more self-sufficient and increase your independence. Come join us!